Thursday, July 23, 2009

Enough about you already, here’s more about me….

I don’t have the slightest clue how to wear jewelry. So generally I don’t wear much at all.

I genuinely believe that I can feel when my hair is turning grey – this happens a lot, especially lately.

I have had the honour of caring for someone that was dying – this is an odd activity to recommend, but I do.

I generally never spend more than $30 on anything I wear, no matter what it is. I have a guilt complex that kicks in if I even pay full price for something that is under $30.

The one thing I will pay more than $30 on is a pair of Sketchers – I am in LOVE with them. However, I wouldn’t buy them in my own country when I can get a deal in another one.

When I go to the library I always take out more books than I will actually read. If I take out 2, I’ll read one. If I take out 3 I’ll read half of one, a few pages in another and only the back of third one. Once I took a book out for 6 weeks (by itself) never read it, then took it out again 6 months later with another one and read it all the way through.

If you haven’t guessed by some of the things said here on the blog, it takes a loooooooong time (usually) for me to let people get to know me and my sense of humour. I often will let people get to know the ‘serious’ side of me but never the funny side – for years (and maybe still) my in laws thought I had no sense of humour at all.

I like peanut over plain.

Toffifee (sp?) are my friends.

I LOVE thunderstorms and even rainy days – they make me feel peaceful.

I can only drink white milk when it’s accompanied by cereal, chocolate, or some kind of yummy baked good.

I would be shocked if we got out of Wrinkleville without getting stuck in an elevator at least once.

I LOVE the people I work with, even though I barely know them. Actually, maybe that’s why I love them.

I’m totally ok with people missing me when I’m dead. Totally NOT ok with people looking at me when I’m dead – I’ve heard too many people talk about how bad a job the funeral guy did on Uncle Fred or Aunt Mavis. I’d rather someone photo-shop me into some awesome picture and blow it up. That way all the people that didn’t come visit me when I was alive can feel guilty and wonder about not seeing me at my best.
*chuckle, chuckle*

I wear lip gloss not lipstick

Perfect people leave me suspicious.

The high school bully nick named me ‘Grandma’ because she thought my demeanor reminded me of her grandma – ‘quiet and sweet’. Ironic part is that I later ended up housekeeping for her grandma, and she wasn’t that sweet (but she did make me laugh).

I still feel and think that I am 17 – I find it sad that I was just as boring at 17 as I am at 29, I’m workin’ on it.

I have a friend that used to be protestant but now is Catholic and considering the priesthood – I think that’s cool.

I want drinking buddies – less for the drink and more for the buddies.

When my weight gets to a certain low point (I’ve only been there once before), my boobs acquire a nick name – I don’t think I’ll share it … right now.

There you have it. I guess it always seems to come down to my boobs (or lack there of) – ha!

(No, I don’t have a boob complex I’m just jokin’ around – I’’ll quit now. Wally take a deep breath)

2 comments:

Wally said...

Take a deep breath? I'm just surprised that in you rampant honesty you don't want to talk about FMBs.

Zoe said...

I am with you, internally (and maybe Eternally) stuck at about age 17. I often still feel like somewhat of a kid when I'm around people who are only a couple years older than me. =)