Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What I've learned ...

In the past 36 hours is:

* adrenaline is an amazing thing

* risks are totally worth taking

* love is stronger than past hurts

* people are more important than pay

* old wheelchair vans on the highway make me nervous

* don't under estimate the power of an hour

* so many emotions can be found in tears

* the spirit behind my job is of much more importance to me than my actual job, therefore I can do it getting paid or not getting paid

* there is something special about the family bond - like it or not

* knowing death is near changes even the toughest heart

* you can eat healthy during a road trip

* Vivvie is the cutest sleeping person I've ever seen in my life

* trying to interpret someone who doesn't have a formal language after 36 hours of being in and out of hours of driving and visits requires more focus and patience

* budgets don't make miracles happen

* people need to stop long enough to hear a good story because when they do they will want to be a part of it

* I have an Amazing co worker who went above and beyond her job description (and does everyday). I can only hope to be half the worker she is someday

* joy still exists

* I know the cure for the Sads

* I need to slow down in a grander sense than cutting out a few hours of work a week

* I am a truly privileged person

I learned all of these things because of a little adventure I went on in the past two days. I really hope to write about it soon but it was so overwhelming I want to absorb it first and write it well.

I am exhausted but full of joy in this moment for what I was able to witness. It was indeed an honour.

3 comments:

tessa said...

My favorite blog so far - it truly is the core of what we do and why we do it and how life should be lived each day. Try not to let the business of life wipe this memory away.

Anonymous said...

I heard what you two did from another co-worker... touched my heart and am SO happy to know there was still someone to fight for this to happen

Stacy said...

Hooray!!! I'm so glad this worked out